Pages

Wednesday 30 December 2015

Happy New Year!

New year, new me? Not this time. I've decided that I don't want to change who I am and I don't think I should have too. I don't think anyone should have to. I'm me for a reason! 

Every year, I make resolutions but I never keep them and I have certainly never change myself drastically from them. This year I have decided to make some resolutions but I don't see them as massive changes; just adaptions to my life that will make me healthier, fitter and happier. 

Here's my resolutions:
Exercise - even if it's just once a week, I need to get some form of exercise into my life. 
Have more dates - in 2016 I want to make more time for me & Joe to enjoy each other's company WITHOUT mobile phones! 

I feel like these are quite achievable! I have also decided to set myself one goal to achieve during 2016. I haven't been on a plane since I was 10 and as I don't remember the experience, I want to fly on a short distance flight to Ireland or Scotland. These are two places I've never visited and feel like that sort of fight would be nice to "break me in" as I'm dying to visit America (I don't fancy jumping right in the deep end and doing a 10+ hour flight)! 

Around now, everyone starts to reflect on how their year went and how they hope the next year will turn out. Obviously everyone hopes to have the best year yet but I've been thinking and I've decided to take a more realistic approach to the next year of my life. During 2016 there will be ups and downs, highs and lows, good and bad days. From my new way of thinking, I feel quite prepared to tackle whatever 2016 throws at me! 

I'm really excited for 2016 as we have lots planned for the next chapter in our lives and relationship! I'm  feeling the most positive I have ever felt and I'm proud of how much I've changed with regards to my anxiety. I can't wait to spend another year making new memories with my family and friends! 

I hope you all have an amazing time celebrating the New Year, let me know what your resolutions/goals are, and I hope you're also ready to handle whatever 2016 has got to offer you! 

Emma 
-x- 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I hope your lifestyle changes work out well for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Hope you keep to your resolutions :) x

    ReplyDelete