Pages

Saturday 8 August 2015

My Favourite Summer Nail Polishes

I have a HUGE nail polish collection and rarely have bare nails. In this post, I wanted to share my favourite colours to wear in the summer time.

Summer for me, is the time for bright shades that will add a pop of colour to my outfits. They're fun and look so good with a tan.


The colours I have chosen are mostly bright pastel shades, with one bright coral. I would normally wear these colours individually but for the sake of photos for this blog I decided to wear them all at the same time - and to be honest, I really like it!
  

On my thumb nail is a bright coral polish from Avon's Nailwear Pro+ range called 'Coral Reef' (of course!). This is without a doubt my go-to summer shade as it looks AMAZING with a tan. I also wear this shade on my toes for pretty much the whole of summer. You can get away with only one coat but I applied two. It is super shiny too so if you're in a rush you can skip a clear top coat. It wears so well and has lasted a long time without chipping!

On my index finger I'm wearing 'Banana Split' by Models Own. It is a lovely summery yellow but best of all, it is scented and smells like bananas! This polish needed 2-3 coats to get an opaque coverage and wears really well. 


'Lose your lingerie' from Rita Ora's Rimmel London collection is on my middle finger nail. This is a perfect pale pink colour that I've had lots of compliments on. It is probably one of my all time favourites as I always go for a pink and Rimmel polishes are growing strong within my collection. 

On my ring finger is another from the Rita Ora collection called 'Breakfast in bed'. It is a mix between a mint green and a sky blue and looks so good. It makes a difference to the usual pink shades I choose to wear. 
These polishes need two coats for a perfect finish and they come with Rimmel's 'one-second coat' wide brush for quick coverage. I love this feature however it can be tricky to use on small nails. 


Lastly, on my little finger, I am wearing 'Flamingo - Shade 13' from Nail Pop. This is the first polish I've used from this brand. I bought it from The Beauty Outlet for 99p! I am very impressed with it and have had compliments on it at work. It is a more pastel orange/coral shade but still looks fab with a tan. It wears really well and I'm definitely going to add to my collection with this brand!


Now I need to make a choice... Which one do I wear on holiday?!

What are you go-to summer shades? Leave a comment and let me know!

 Summer is pretty much over here in the UK now but I will hold out hope for a little bit of sunshine whilst I am on holiday in Cornwall!

Emma
-x-


12 comments:

  1. Banana split has to be my favourite out of all of those colours, and I own that one so I'm going to go and dig it out to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a summery look! I love the coral and mint colours!
    Liquid Grain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pastels for this time of year! Think it looks really cute having a different colour for each nail!

    www.thesweetsevenfive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it too! Might have to paint them like that more often! x

      Delete
  4. I never wear nail polish anymore but that looks so pretty I might just start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colours! I had my acrylic nails soaked off yesterday :'( and they're absolutely awful looking underneath, I might go pick up some of these colours and try and distract myself from how ugly they are! ahaha I love the blue, and I think the two peachy/coral shades are so prefect to transition into fall. They'd look amazing if you were wearing an emerald green or a rusty/burnt red colour. I really like them all together too, it's fun and bright but also works in a soft subtle way, the colours are so complimentary. Such a lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :D Check out my nail care post - http://indecisiveemma.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/nail-care-routine.html - as there's some really good products out there to help salvage the condition of your nails! x

      Delete
  6. Oo I love the coral colour! I don't paint my nails that often, but when I do I usually go for pastel shades like blue, pink and purple. I find brighter colours are great for holidays though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choices! Yeah definietly. I re-painted them on holiday and chose a bright hot pink colour. Loved it! x

      Delete