Pages

Tuesday 4 August 2015

Nail Care Routine





I try really hard to take good care of my nails so they stay strong and healthy. I much prefer growing out my own nails over wearing false ones as I feel it's quite an achievement to grow strong, healthy nails. 
You don't need to be a trained beautician or own expensive products to be able to keep your nails pretty and healthy. 
When I'm starting my DIY manicure I always make sure I've removed all trace of previous polish and washed my hands. 
I then file and shape my nails to make them look more identical and neat. I only ever cut my nails down short every now and again so they have a chance to regrow and gain strength. 
After filing, I use my cuticle pusher to push my cuticles back. From past experiences, I've learnt to be really gently at this stage. Next, I use the cuticle nippers to trim away all the dead skin. Again, this needs to be done carefully otherwise it can hurt! You can buy both these tools in high street drugstores or online
At this stage, I either dust my hands off or wash them again to get rid of the dead skins/nail filings. It's important that your nails are clean and dry at this point.
 
I then use Sally Hansen's VitaSurge Growth Gel which is brilliant for brittle nails. It has multi-active beads within the gel formula that release a surge of vitamins A, C & E to help nourish and treat nails to grow healthier and stronger. You can use this on bare nails or before/after you've painted your nails. For the best results, use it for 5 continuous days on bare nails. 

Once I've massaged the gel into my nails and allowed it time to absorb, I use the Sally Hansen's No More Breaks clear polish. It has an ultra-hardening formula that seals in moisture to strengthen and prevent nails from breaking. It's perfect for dry and brittle nails. It can be worn as a base coat and/or a top coat. Once this coat of polish has dried, I will move onto the last step in my routine or choose a coloured polished from my insanely large nail polish collection!



Last but by no means least, I will moisturise my hands. The lotion I've been using lately is the Fig & Rouge moisturising and soothing hand cream which I received in a GlossyBox. It smells incredible and reminds me of the sherbet dip sweets I used to love when I was younger! It absorbs into your skin really quickly and leaves your hands soft and smooth. I've been suffering with dry hands lately and this has really helped. It's also the perfect size for your handbag! 
What do you use to keep your nails strong & healthy? Leave me a comment below 😊 

Emma 
-x-


6 comments:

  1. I'll definitely have to try the growth gel. I've always bit my nails. I've tried all those yucky tasting things to stop but my nails are so weak I'm unable to grow them. I can't bare false nails. They look gorgeous but I feel like I can't do anything when wearing them. Growth Gel will be getting purchased in time to grow some fab claws in time for my big day! Thanks

    www.bigdaysmallbudget.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally Hansen has lots of different products that help nail growth. You just need to be persistent and consistent with using them for a good week or so :)

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. I must admit, I am not very good at looking after my nails, I always bite them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so rubbish at painting My mails it's unreal ! I will try the growth gel because it may prevent me biting them xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practtice makes perfect :) Give it a go! :D xx

      Delete