Pages

Monday 3 August 2015

Upcycling Pallets: DIY Headboard

Pinterest has been fueling me with DIY projects that I want to re-create for a long time now.

I felt our bedroom was in need of a statement piece of furniture and I've become so interested with up cycling pallets so I decided to make a headboard for our bedroom.

Joe, my amazing other half, could luckily get hold of some pallets and came home with 3, ready to start our project.

 All 3 together are about 6 foot long.

Joe did all the handy work and assembled them all together (I wasn't around when he did this, so no pictures - sorry!). He attached some legs to it to help support the weight, sanded it down and added a clear varnish.

Once it was finished and in the bedroom, he attached it to the wall and surprised me when I got home from work.

It was safe to say, I was definitely surprised because it looked HUGE! It took some getting used too but now I absolutely love it and the fact that it was free to make, makes me even happier! :D

Have you ever upcycled anything? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to see! 

Emma
-x-


8 comments:

  1. it looks really good. DIY is something I'm awful with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that, what a great idea! I've just started trying to get to grips with upcycling, but have only made things for the garden so far (a cold, frame, mini greenhouse, and some planters from an old bed base)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing! I would love to try doing this.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete